Monday, April 12

Pink Champagne Cupcakes


Today I attempted to make pink champagne cupcakes. I found the recipe  in my Betty Crocker Cupcakes cakes & more recipe book and I was a little hesitant at first because the recipe called for champagne to be mixed into the batter and icing. But I finally got the guts and made it. 


At the end I was a little disappointed. The cupcakes ended up tasting like regular boxed vanilla cupcakes, and the icing turned into an absolute mess. I didn't have enough powdered sugar for the icing, and I only need 1/2 cup more (it calls for 4), so i decided to substitute the remaining 1/2 cup with regular sugar.

Apparently I was really wrong. The icing was super grainy and it just tasted horrible. I ended up scraping all the icing off all the cupcakes, and running to the Quick Mart down the street and buying a normal tub of vanilla frosting. The cupcakes ended up looking great, and tasting good. They are just missing the homemade taste that I wanted them to have. Lesson Learned:  Never substitute regular sugar for powdered sugar, especially in an icing recipe!

 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...